[torqueusers] [torquedev] Release Candidate for TORQUE 2.5.8

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Mon Aug 15 18:12:54 MDT 2011

Hi Ken,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 12:19:28PM -0600, Ken Nielson wrote:
> There is a new release candidate for TORQUE 2.5.8.
>
> This has a patch from Martin Siegert to fix a bug where the new code to keep procct from the scheduler was not properly accounting for the "procs" resource keyword.
>
> There was also code added to notify the scheduler when a job was successfully promoted from a routing queue to an execution queue. This helps speed up the running of jobs.
>
> The new patch is available for download at http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/torque-2.5.8-snap.201108151211.tar.gz
>
> Please download this snapshot and let us know if you find any problems.

Compilation still fails with

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
pam_pbssimpleauth.c: In function 'pam_sm_authenticate':
pam_pbssimpleauth.c:125: warning: passing argument 1 of 'getpwnam_ext' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
make[2]: *** [pam_pbssimpleauth.lo] Error 1

That's why I replaced line 125 with

  user_pwd = getpwnam_ext((char *)username);

in src/pam/pam_pbssimpleauth.c.

Otherwise this version works fine with all my test jobs.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Martin

--