[torqueusers] Cannot get more than 1 core on a node

Gustavo Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Sun Aug 14 18:44:10 MDT 2011

Hi Richard

A wild guess / long shot.

Any chance that these nodes are virtualized (say, via xen),
and perhaps have a single "virtual" core recognized by Linux?
In the Rocks cluster mailing list this situation was reported occasionally,
specifically by people that had installed the Rocks "xen roll".
What does 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' on your compute nodes tell?

IHIH
Gus Correa