[torqueusers] Cannot get more than 1 core on a node

Richard Young Richard.Young at usq.edu.au
Sun Aug 14 17:24:25 MDT 2011

Chris
I started another job and the output from checkjob -v is
[youngr at hpc00 torque.jobs]$ checkjob -v 3533

checking job 3533 (RM job '3533.hpc00.usq.edu.au')

State: Idle  EState: Deferred
Creds:  user:youngr  group:ict  class:long  qos:DEFAULT
WallTime: 00:00:00 of 00:05:00
SubmitTime: Mon Aug 15 09:20:41
  (Time Queued  Total: 00:00:12  Eligible: 00:00:01)

Total Tasks: 2

Req[0]  TaskCount: 2  Partition: ALL
Network: [NONE]  Memory >= 0  Disk >= 0  Swap >= 0
Opsys: [NONE]  Arch: [NONE]  Features: [long]
Exec:  ''  ExecSize: 0  ImageSize: 0
Dedicated Resources Per Task: PROCS: 1
NodeAccess: SHARED
TasksPerNode: 2  NodeCount: 1

IWD: [NONE]  Executable:  [NONE]
Bypass: 0  StartCount: 0
PartitionMask: [ALL]
Flags:       RESTARTABLE

job is deferred.  Reason:  NoResources  (cannot create reservation for job '3533' (intital reservation attempt)
)
Holds:    Defer  (hold reason:  NoResources)
PE:  2.00  StartPriority:  1
cannot select job 3533 for partition DEFAULT (job hold active)

thanks
Richard A. Young
Division of ICT Services
Email: Richard.Young at usq.edu.au   Phone: (07) 46315557
Mob:   0437544370          Fax:   (07) 46312798