[torqueusers] Installing Torque on shared disk

Chris Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Aug 14 00:27:13 MDT 2011

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011 05:07:06 AM William Nelson wrote:

> Since the installation procedure that I have says to install Torque
> on each individual node I'm concerned that there could be
> concurrency issues when Torque is accessing shared resource files.
> Should I be concerned?

Nope, I've done just that on every single Torque cluster
I've been involved with setting up.  We install Torque to
/usr/local/torque/$version, have a symlink to the current
production version from /usr/local/torque/latest and use
modules (http://modules.sf.net/) to load the users
environment with it.

When we install compute nodes the xCAT post install script
runs pbs_mkdirs on the compute node to set up /var/spool/torque.

Hope this helps!
Chris
         http://www.vlsci.unimelb.edu.au/