[torqueusers] remaining memory on a node

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Fri Aug 12 11:09:49 MDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 05:01:16PM +0000, Andrus, Brian Contractor wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a simple way to tell what torque/moab sees as unallocated memory on a node?
>
> I have one node that someone is using, but not quite all the memory and not all the procs.
> When I try testing against it and do a qsub -I -l nodes=1:gpus=1,pmem=1k
> I still get rejection due to memory... Seems odd.

Also read up on NODEAVAILABILITYPOLICY for controlling how Moab behaves
with respect to various resources' availability:

http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/mwm/6-0/5.4nodeavailability.php#nodeavail

We use COMBINED:MEM so that it will take max( dedicated, used ) to reduce
the change of oversubscription.

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota