[torqueusers] Error: qsub: Invalid request MSG=no job owner specified

Carlos M. Camara Mora carlos.camara at wimasis.com
Thu Aug 4 05:31:06 MDT 2011

  I am having issues with my torque installation. The server details are:

- torque-2.5.7
- Configured without privports but with Munge
- Munge 0.5.10 running in all machines
- One Server and 2 MOMs plus the server MOM

When I try to submit any job with:

echo "sleep 30" | qsub

from on of the MOM machines, I get the following error:

> Error: qsub: Invalid request MSG=no job owner specified
But the weird thing is that it only happen in one of the MOMs and that I
can swear it was working two days ago.

Does anyone have a hint about the problem? I have found a similar
problem on this list, but I think it was solved:

http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2009-February/008733.html