[torqueusers] Question about qsub file with argument

Troy Baer tbaer at utk.edu
Thu Sep 30 11:45:44 MDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 11:12 -0500, Abraham Zamudio wrote:

> Troy, torque run my script with  your modifications  , now in the
> output files ( mpidata.$PBS_JOBID.$FILE ) i have the following error
>  :
>         mpiexec: Warning: task 0 died with signal 11 (Segmentation
>         fault).
>         mpiexec: Warning: tasks 1-11 died with signal 15 (Terminated).

A segmentation fault is most likely a problem with your application, not

However, one thing that might be worth checking on the TORQUE is that
your pbs_moms don't have absurdly low stack limits set, because those
will be passed down to the jobs.  I've seen that cause trouble for
applications in the past, particularly with FORTRAN programs that put
everything on the stack, and so I've gotten in the habit of putting the
following commands in my pbs_mom init scripts right before the daemon is
started, just in case:

		ulimit -s unlimited
		ulimit -v unlimited

Troy Baer, HPC System Administrator
National Institute for Computational Sciences, University of Tennessee
Phone:  865-241-4233