[torqueusers] limits on jobs

Fernando Malick fmalick at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Sep 27 19:23:12 MDT 2010

I'm using toque/maui but there are some things I yet don't understand how they work.

If a job exceeds the walltime declared, then the job is canceled. But if the programs run use more memory or more cpus than the ones declared in PBS sentences, nothing happens, the processes continue running. I would expect that if a job uses more resources than declared, it would be canceled. Am I missing something?

How do you limit use of memory or number of cpus?

best regards

Fernando