[torqueusers] set automatically a mem max ressources when the user submits a job with a nodes/cpu param

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 02:10:38 MDT 2010

Le 23/09/2010 18:52, Troy Baer a écrit :
> On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 11:59 +0200, giggzounet wrote:
>> I'm new on this list. We have a little cluster with Oscar/CentOS 5.5. I
>> have installed Torque/Maui on it. It works like a charm. But I would
>> like to set automatically the mem parameter when a user submits a job
>> with just the nodes/cpus parameters. For example:
>>
>> A user submits:
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>> #PBS -N torque-test
>> #PBS -j oe
>> #PBS -l nodes=4:ppn=6
>> #PBS -l walltime=2:00:00
>>
>> echo "pouet"
>>
>> I would like that the param mem egual to 4*6*2gb=48gb.
>>
>> How can I do that ?
>>
>> Does the prologue script that ? if yes, how does it works ?
>
> The prologue is probably too late; the job's pretty much committed
> itself to being run at that point, and memory requirements are
> information that might be of use to your scheduler.  However, you can do
> this in a submit filter [1] -- we do something similar on one of our
> machines for situations where the user hasn't specified a memory limit.
> Basically, your submit filter would need to read in the script, parse
> the PBS headers, and then either prepend or insert a memory limit when
> the script is written back out.
>
> [1] http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/a.jqsubwrapper.shtml
>
> 	--Troy

Hi,

thx for the tip! that seems to be very interesting! I have read the
http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/a.jqsubwrapper.shtml.

Could you, please, send me a more complicated example of filter script
for Torque ?

Because I don't understand the input of the filter ? is it the name of
the job file or direct the data ???

Thx a lot,
Guillaume