[torqueusers] set automatically a mem max ressources when the user submits a job with a nodes/cpu param

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 03:59:23 MDT 2010

Hi,

I'm new on this list. We have a little cluster with Oscar/CentOS 5.5. I
have installed Torque/Maui on it. It works like a charm. But I would
like to set automatically the mem parameter when a user submits a job
with just the nodes/cpus parameters. For example:

A user submits:

#!/bin/bash
#PBS -N torque-test
#PBS -j oe
#PBS -l nodes=4:ppn=6
#PBS -l walltime=2:00:00

echo "pouet"

I would like that the param mem egual to 4*6*2gb=48gb.

How can I do that ?

Does the prologue script that ? if yes, how does it works ?

Thx a lot,
Best regards,
Guillaume