[torqueusers] Upgrade

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Sep 20 09:20:12 MDT 2010

On 09/20/2010 07:57 AM, Gary Bowling wrote:

> I am currently running version 2.1.9 and am looking to upgrade. Is the
> 2.5 chain ready for production or should I stick with 2.4.10 for now? My
> primary reason for upgrading is to use the HA feature of the server. I
> don't have any sophisticated scheduling or queue structures, just a
> basic queue balancing jobs across 16 nodes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

Gary,

Either of these versions would be worth upgrading to. They both have the
enhanced high availability option. 2.5 adds full featured job array
support plus 2.5.3 will also have support for munge which will give you
a second option for authorizing users on the cluster which will not
require ruserok and privileged ports.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing