[torqueusers] qdel jobs are not cleanup

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Wed Sep 15 08:23:09 MDT 2010

> Thanks for suggestions.
> I am not using -p options and they are not mpi jobs.
> I only come to know the job stuck on node when /var space is alarming.
> I would be nice if mom having any parameter who could kill such stuck job.

As I already said, you can cleanup jobs from nodes using the momctl tool.

If the node doesn't report the job at all:
status = .....jobs=624.torque1.ics.muni.cz.....

Then it means only one thing, you spawned a process, but didn't register
it with the node, therefore when the node kills your job, it doesn't
kill the process (because she has no idea that it belongs to the job).

Mgr. Šimon Tóth