[torqueusers] default working directory

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 08:25:58 MDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 6:49 AM, Viktor Štujber <viktor.stujber at stuba.sk> wrote:
>  Hi, I'm a new torque user, trying it out on freebsd (version 2.4.6
> from ports). I've read in the documentation that unless specified,
> submitted jobs will always write their output files to the user's HOME
> directory. However, with this install, the working directory is always
> set to the current working directory, unless I specify it using the -d
> parameter. Is this intended? If so then the documentation is wrong...

the initial working directory of a job is the users home directory,
this is why many of my job scripts contain "cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR" as one
of the first commands - often I like the working directory to be the
directory I ran qsub from.

The stdout and stderr files are copied back to the submit directory on
the submit host after the job finishes.

Can you point us towards the incorrect documentation?