[torqueusers] User can't submit jobs

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 13 09:22:11 MDT 2010

    >> set server submit_hosts = marc
    >> set server submit_hosts += skipm

    Mgr> I assume that marc and skipm are not hosts but user names. So
    Mgr> either set the correct hosts, or just configure your machines
    Mgr> correctly (hosts.equiv/.rhosts).

The docs explicitly give this example:

    > qmgr -c 'set server submit_hosts = login1'
    > qmgr -c 'set server submit_hosts += login2'
    > qmgr -c 'set server submit_hosts += login3'

While I understand that what I did seems a bit, umm, counterintuitive, the
example explicitly mentions "login1", etc, which from my long experience on
Unix systems suggests I correctly interpreted that as a username.  Perhaps
the Torque docs need to be updated to read "host1", "host2", etc.  This is
the page with the problem:

    http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs/1.3advconfig.shtml#jobsubmithosts

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/