[torqueusers] User can't submit jobs

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 13 09:20:22 MDT 2010

    Ken> As Simon has said make sure the host and user name are in the
    Ken> /etc/hosts.equiv file. This will override submit_hosts and
    Ken> acl_hosts.

We don't use R* commands.  Instead, we use ssh and friends.  I really would
prefer not to have to modify the system settings.

    Ken> If you do not want to add the users to the hosts.equiv file then do
    Ken> the following.

    Ken> If the users are submitting from a host that is in the
    Ken> $TORQUE_HOME/server_priv/nodes file then use the submit_hosts
    Ken> command option. If they are submitting from a host that is not in
    Ken> the $TORQUE_HOME/server_priv/nodes then add the host to the
    Ken> acl_hosts parameter.

What command takes a submit_hosts option?  All hosts are in
server_priv/nodes though they are listed with a domain,
e.g. "udesktop116.wacker" instead of just "udesktop116".  The hostname
command returns just "udesktop116".

I added

    set server allow_node_submit = True

in qmgr.  Should that not work?

Maybe given the distinction between "udesktop116" and "udesktop116.wacker" I
need to explicitly allow submission from the former?  I tried that.  Now
submission from other hosts (both by user marc and user skipm) works.

Now, I manually executed the following commands in qmgr:

    set server submit_hosts = udesktop116
    set server submit_hosts += udesktop138

Are those settings "sticky" across restarts of pbs_server?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/