[torqueusers] User can't submit jobs

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 13 07:07:19 MDT 2010

I have a user who I would like to be able to submit jobs, but whenever he
does, Torque responds with "Bad UID for job execution MSG=ruserok failed
validating marc/marc from udesktop116".  I saw this as a FAQ and have tried
the following:

    * ensured that the host has reverse DNS properly setup

    * added "marc" to the submit_hosts:

        Qmgr: print server
        set server submit_hosts = marc
        set server submit_hosts += skipm

      Note that I added myself (skipm), but I have never needed that.  Qsub
      works fine for me.  (Basically, Marc is tired of me submitting his
      jobs for him and I am kind of tired of having to do it for him.)

    * set allow_node_submit to True.

The full server_log message for one of Marc's rejections is

    09/13/2010 07:41:43;0080;PBS_Server;Req;req_reject;Reject reply
    code=15023(Bad UID for job execution MSG=ruserok failed validating
    marc/marc from udesktop116), aux=0, type=QueueJob, from marc at udesktop116

Any ideas?  Is there some other permission setting for specific users?  I
see a binary file named serverdb in /var/spool/torque/server_priv which
contains my login, but other than accounting and log files that's the only
place my username appears.  We are running Torque 2.4.8 on Solaris/x86.

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/