[torqueusers] Running multiple jobs and claiming memory

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Tue Sep 7 09:01:52 MDT 2010

>    I would like to submit 30 jobs, one right after another. Each job
> takes up 10GB of RAM.  I would like to use torque to run each of these
> jobs and when each job is executed, claim 10 GB of memory.  Since my
> nodes only have 16 GB of memory, I would only expect one file to be
> running on each node.  I tried using the mem keyword, but it allows all
> of the jobs to be sent of the same node.  Please let me know how to
> configure the job script for this effort.

Server sided support is on its way. Torque mom does limit the resource
use using ulimit, but that won't prevent multiple jobs to be run (it
will just prevent one job claiming more then 10G memory).

Until the support is included, you will have to use an external
scheduler like Maui or Moab.

--
Mgr. Šimon Tóth