[torqueusers] Running multiple jobs and claiming memory

Bryan Herman hermab53 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:23:04 MDT 2010

Dear torque users,

   I would like to submit 30 jobs, one right after another. Each job takes
up 10GB of RAM.  I would like to use torque to run each of these jobs and
when each job is executed, claim 10 GB of memory.  Since my nodes only have
16 GB of memory, I would only expect one file to be running on each node.  I
tried using the mem keyword, but it allows all of the jobs to be sent of the
same node.  Please let me know how to configure the job script for this
effort.

Thanks,

Bryan