[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.5.2 released

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Sep 3 12:21:08 MDT 2010

We are pleased to announce the release of TORQUE 2.5.2.

You can download the latest version at
http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-2.5.2.tar.gz
<http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-2.5.2.tar.gz>

We have not yet updated our website with the changes. However, following
is a list of changes for 2.5.2. We will update our site as soon as possible.

2.5.2
   e - Allow the nodes file to use the syntax node[0-100] in the name to
       create identical nodes with names node0, node1, ..., node100.
       (also node[000-100] => node000, node001, ... node100)
   b - fix support of the 'procs' functionality for qsub.
   b - remove square brackets [] from job and default stdout/stderr
filenames
       for job arrays (fixes conflict with some non-bash shells)
   n - fix build system so README.array_changes is included in tar.gz
file made
       with "make dist"
   n - fix build system so contrib/pbsweb-lite-0.95.tar.gz, contrib/qpool.gz
       and contrib/README.pbstools are included the the tar.gz file made
       with "make dist"
   c - fixed crash when moving the job to a different queue (bugzilla 73)
   e - Modified buildutils/pbs_mkdirs.in to create server_priv/nodes file
       at install time. The file only shows examples and a link to the
       TORQUE documentation. This enhancement was first committed to trunk.
   c - fix pbs_server crash from invalid qsub -t argument
   b - fix so blcr checkpoint jobs work correctly when put on hold
   b - fixed bugzilla #75 where pbs_server would segfault with a double
free when
       calling qalter on a running job or job array.
   e - Changed free_br back to its original form and modifed
copy_batchrequest
       to make a copy of the rq_extend element which will be freed in
       free_br.
   b - fix condition where job array "template" may not get cleaned up
properly
       after a server restart
   b - fix to get new pagg ID and add additional CSA records when
restarting from
       checkpoint
   e - added documentation for pbs_alterjob_async(), pbs_checkpointjob(),
       pbs_fbserver(), pbs_get_server_list() and pbs_sigjobasync().
   b - Commited patch from Eygene Ryanbinkin to fix bug 61. /dev/null would
       under some circumstances have its permissions modified when jobs
exited
       on a compute node.
   b - only clear the mom state when actually running the health check
script
   e - allow input of walltime in the format of [DD]:HH:MM:SS
   b - Fix so BLCR checkpoint files get copied to server on qchkpt and
periodic
       checkpoints

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this release.

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing