[torqueusers] qtop: yet another tool to struggle with torque and PBS family systems

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Fri Sep 3 02:55:51 MDT 2010

Hi Fotis and all,

first of all, sorry if someone feels spammed for discussing about this
tool and not only torque. If anyone thinks this is off topic, i'll
contact fotis directly.

I'm trying to understand WN occupancy output, and I don't get it... In
my cluster "Worker" has 289 characater. 100 1s, 100 2s and 89s, 289,
which is the tolal number of nodes we have. ok.
Node has 289 charcters but now it goes from 0 to 9. 10 0s, 10 1s, etc...
and ID count from 1 to 9 untill 289.

Then, CPU (from0 to 12, as we have nodes with 4/8/12) show an Hex
number.

So I suppose that from Worker/Node/ID I can get enough info to
understand CPU info, but I don0't get it.

I looked for the info at https://twiki.cscs.ch/twiki/bin/view/DECH/QTOP
but I see no explanation.

Could you please give a brief explanation on how to interpret the array?
*If you want, you could explain me the example on your web, so I don't
send you my output and spam other users :-)

TIA,
Arnau