[torqueusers] qtop: yet another tool to struggle with torque and PBS family systems

Fotis Georgatos fotis at cern.ch
Wed Sep 1 05:41:47 MDT 2010

Hi Adrian et al,

(I hope I'm not spamming the list participants right now, with so fine details)

On 01/09/2010 09:35, Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
 > great tool! one minor correction (so far) :
 > shouldnt QSTAT="$PBSPATH/qstat" be QSTAT="$PBSPATH/bin/qstat"

Copying the source code itself:

PBSPATH=${PBSPATH:-"/usr/bin"}
QSTAT_Q=${QSTAT_Q:-"$PBSPATH/qstat -q"}
QSTAT=${QSTAT:-"$PBSPATH/qstat"}
PBSNODES_A=${PBSNODES_A:-"$PBSPATH/pbsnodes -a"}

I believe this works great for the vast majority (my statistics predict >90%).

Occasionally, someone might want to put this inside ~/.qtop/qtop.conf :
PBSPATH="/usr/local/bin"

I think that's it.

cheers,
Fotis

--
echo "sysadmin know better bash than english" | sed s/min/mins/ \