[torqueusers] No Uses For Jobs in Stopped Queues

Dr. Stephan Raub raub at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Oct 28 03:42:51 MDT 2010

Dear Torque Developers,

we are using Torque 2.3.7 (yes, I know, quite old...) with one routing queue
and some execution queues.

After we had stopped all queues (enabled = false, started = false) for some
necessary maintenance we found that all jobs (with the state "Q") in the
stopped queues were missing the user of this job (attribute "euser").

After posting this text in TorqueDev by mistake, I got the answer, that
"EUSER" is set only after the job has been placed on the execution nodes.
But, this cannot be the case: all of the jobs being currently on our cluster
(even those, who have the state "Q" and therefore are NOT placed on
execution hosts) has the attribute "EUSER".

I don't think, that this is the behavior the developers had in mind, isn't
it? ;-)

Is this fixed in newer releases?

Thank you in advance for any answer you can give.

Best regards.
| | Dr. rer. nat. Stephan Raub
| | Dipl. Chem.
| | Informatik / ZIM
| | Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
| | Universitätsstr. 1 / Raum 25.41.O2.25-2
| | 40225 Düsseldorf / Germany
| |
| | Tel: +49-211-811-3911

Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse,
bzw.
sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail
irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine
Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte
benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen
Dank.

Important Note: This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged,
undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this
e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or
distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and
destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.