[torqueusers] external submit hosts

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Oct 27 11:17:33 MDT 2010

> I think that newer versions of TORQUE have a "job_suffix_alias"
> setting that might do what I want. If this does what it sounds like,
> I could set it to "externalname.domain" and my job ids would have the
> form job_num.externalname.domain. Is anyone using this feature? This
> would require a TORQUE upgrade for me (we're still running 2.3).

Glen,

This should resolve your problem. However, if you change this feature, it is recommended that you don't have any jobs queued or running, because this parameter changes the naming scheme for jobs, and it is extremely difficult to find jobs that are named differently than your naming scheme. There are sites that use this feature, perhaps one will chime in, but I just want to make sure you're aware of that warning. I'm wary of people using this feature to cripple their systems.

--
David Beer
Direct Line: 801-717-3386 | Fax: 801-717-3738