[torqueusers] procs with torque 2.5.XX and maui
knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Oct 21 08:58:12 MDT 2010
On 10/21/2010 04:51 AM, Nicolas Niclausse wrote:
> Gareth.Williams at csiro.au ecrivait le 21/10/2010 12:14:
>>> OK, i did some tests with maui and torque_scheduler.
>>> my queue is configured with resources_default.nodes=1
>> Hi Nicolas,
>> I'd unset resources_default.nodes for the queue (or set up another queue
>> if you want to avoid any chance of disruption) and test again. We used
>> to also set resources_default.nodes=1 but stopped some time ago with no
>> adverse effect - unless you're worried about 'qstat -a' not reporting
>> nodes or tasks for serial jobs. We might have had to do a minor rework
>> of our custom accounting summaries, but you might need to do that anyway
>> if you start to use 'procs'.
> Well, i wasn't using this at the beginning, but without
> "resources_default.nodes=1" a qsub with only procs specified (qsub -l
> procs=XX script) never gets started (it stays queued forever). And when i
> try qrun on the job, it says: qrun: Unknown node-attribute ...
> The other results are unchanged.
> torqueusers mailing list
> torqueusers at supercluster.org
The Unknown node-attribute is a separate issue from the procs. I will
see if I can find and remember what causes the problem.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the torqueusers