[torqueusers] procs with torque 2.5.XX and maui

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Oct 20 09:59:12 MDT 2010

On 10/20/2010 06:38 AM, Nicolas Niclausse wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm currently testing the new 2.5.X release (2.5.3-snap.201010140929); i'm
> interested in the new support for -l procs
>
> The release notes says:
> With TORQUE 2.5.0 the 'procs' keyword is now interpreted to mean allocate a
> designated number of processors on any combination of nodes.
>

> But when i'm trying this: "qsub -l procs=3 ..." on a 2 nodes cluster
> (np=2)), it doesn't work  (i got only one procs and not 2+1); i'm using
> maui 3.3 with JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY=EXACTNODE.
>

> Am i missing something ?

Nicolas,

I know this does not answer the question directly, but with Moab this
works with JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY=EXACTNODE and without.

Running TORQUE without a scheduler and starting jobs with qrun also works.

This may be a Maui problem. Try running TORQUE without Maui and see if
you can manually run jobs with qrun.

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing

Ken