[torqueusers] requesting consumable generic resources

Michael Krause grid-admin at mpib-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Oct 14 07:54:06 MDT 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to correctly request a generic resource
specified with qsub or a "#PBS"-statement.

I read some documentation and got really confused. It seems one can
define a resource (here attribute) with each mom on every node in
mom_priv/config.
One could also define an attribute in sched_priv/nodes.

At the moment I specified the nodes' resources in maui.cfg in the form:

NODECFG[node-X] GRES=softwareXY:1

My questions are:

1) is this the right place to define this?
2) how does one request this consumable resource,

I tried "qsub -l software=...", "qsub -W x="..." as found in the
documentation, but none of this works.

Please point me to the right direction here.

best,
--
Michael Krause
MPI for Lifespan Psychology