[torqueusers] PBS_NODEFILE incomplete (entries for last(?) nodeonly)

Vaibhav Pol vaibhavp at cdac.in
Thu Oct 7 02:02:23 MDT 2010

  Hi ,
  you must set server as well as queue attribute.

  	 set server resources_available.nodect = (number of  nodes * cpus per node)
 	 set <queue name> resources_available.nodect = (number of  nodes * cpus per node)

  Thanks and regards,
  Vaibhav Pol
  National PARAM Supercomputing Facility
  Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
  Ganeshkhind Road
  Pune University Campus
  PUNE-Maharastra
  Phone +91-20-25704176 ext: 176
  Cell Phone :  +919850466409

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Gordon Wells wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've now tried torque 2.5.2 as well, same problems.
> Setting resources_available.nodect has no effect except allowing me to use
> "-l nodes=x" with x > 14
>
> regards
>
> -- max(∫(εὐδαιμονία)dt)
>
> Dr Gordon Wells
> Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Unit
> Department of Biochemistry
> University of Pretoria
>

> On 6 October 2010 20:04, Glen Beane <glen.beane at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Gordon Wells <gordon.wells at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Can I confirm that this will definitely fix the problem? Unfortunately
>> this
>>> cluster also needs to be glite compatible, 2.3.6 seems to be the latest
>> that
>>> will work
>>

>> i'm not certain...  do you happen to have set server
>> resources_available.nodect set?  I have seen bugs with PBS_NODEFILE
>> contents when this server attribute is set.  This may be a
>> manifestation of this bug, and I'm not sure if it has been corrected.
>>
>> try unsetting this and submitting a job with -l nodes=X:ppn=Y
>>

> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.