[torqueusers] pbs_mom process owned by non-root user

Rudge, Chris M. (Dr.) cmr9 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 01:27:11 MDT 2010

> Are you sure that the pbs_mom you see running isn't the forked process
> that is actually supposed to run with user privs and the actual pbs_mom
> running as root crashed?
>
> --
> Mgr. Šimon Tóth

This looks like it's probably the case.

What we're not quite clear on is under what conditions there is expected to be a user owned pbs_mom process. If we do a "qsub -I -X...." we can reproduce this but this doesn't appear to be how the user is running their job. Looking across our cluster as a whole we only see user owned pbs_mom's for this user - there appears to be a clear correlation between where this is happening and the root owned pbs_mom process at the top of the tree crashing.

Chris

Dr Chris Rudge - Research Computing Services Manager

IT Services, University of Leicester, LE1 7RH
Tel:     +44 (0)116 2522223
email:  chris.rudge at leicester.ac.uk