[torqueusers] Can I submit multiple jobs using a single script file?

정지욱 librasonatine at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 03:16:57 MDT 2010

Hi,
I made up linux cluster using torque 2.4.8.
I need to submit many jobs at the same time.
But, using qsub, I can make only one job for each 1 script file.
I want to distribute many jobs to many nodes at a time using only one script
file.
Is it possible to submit mutiple jobs using a single script file?
Using background job(&), It's too heavy to run at a single node...
It's very inconvenient to make script files for each command line.

How can I submit multiple jobs using a single script file?

example : batch.sh
#!/bin/bash
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=1
cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
cmd option1
cmd option2
cmd option3
cmd is executable filename. option# is a parameter

Can I run three jobs at different nodes using 1 script file?

Thank you.