[torqueusers] 2.5.3 release candidate

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 08:55:09 MDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:48 AM, David Beer <dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:

>> isn't this kind of a big change to make in a 'fix' release? In my
>> opinion something like this should be in a 2.6.0 release, especially
>> since it is non-optional.
>
> I'm not against holding it for 2.6, but I do want to point out that this would be optional. You would have to configure TORQUE to use munge.

I wasn't talking about munch.  I am fine with that, since it is
optional.   I was talking about the conversion of the server DB to
xml.   That is a pretty big change, and while it has been tested for a
while, it may still be a little scary to cluster admins and could keep
a lot of people from moving forward in the 2.5.x branch for a while.