[torqueusers] How to stop the submission for new jobs (for maintenance)

Lawrence Lowe L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 1 06:47:43 MDT 2010

Someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "set server
scheduling" just determines whether the pbs_server kicks the scheduler
immediately a job comes in. But the scheduler has its own polling cycle
and will pick up new jobs anyway.

So I guess it's "service maui stop", or put in a reservation. A
reservation is better because then short jobs will continue to get
scheduled provided their walltime indicates they will finish before the
maintenance period. Anyway, that's what we do!

Lawrence

Tel: 0121 414 4621    Fax: 0121 414 6709    Email: L.S.Lowe at bham.ac.uk