[torqueusers] Problem with ppn and routing

J.A. Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Tue Nov 30 18:28:35 MST 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:44:08 -0700 (MST), David Beer <dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:

> [...]

OK, thanks. My idea was that a job would fit into a queue if it passed
all conditions, nodes and ppn and walltime ....

What do you mean with sorting ? What do you sort ?
You could go probing if a job fits (wrt to ppn and nodes) in a queue until
you find a good one.

My problem is I dont depend on wall/cpu time, but I want to do something like:
- If you ask many cores per node, you can only get X nodes and your time is
  lmited to *:*:* (go to queue fast)
- if you ask single core processes, you can get more nodes and live longer
  (go to queue batch)

How could I do that ? I use pbs_sched, no MAUI/MOAB...

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>     \               Software is like sex:
                                         \         It's better when it's free