[torqueusers] Permissions on /var in slave node

Coyle, James J [ITACD] jjc at iastate.edu
Tue Nov 30 13:41:27 MST 2010

Abraham,

  You or someone else with root privileges has somehow changed permissions
on /var so that anyone can write to it, and without the sticky bit set, anyone could
remove any file/directory in /var.

  Try issuing:

chmod   go-w /var

chmod ugo+rwx /var/spool/torque/spool
chmod o+t /var/spool/torque/spool

to see if the problem goes away.

James Coyle, PhD
High Performance Computing Group
 115 Durham Center
 Iowa State Univ.           phone: (515)-294-2099
Ames, Iowa 50011           web: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jjc