[torqueusers] Permissions on /var in slave node

Abraham Zamudio abraham.zamudio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 07:25:18 MST 2010

Today I have these errors appeared in one of my slave node

[root at quad2 ~]# /etc/init.d/pbs_mom status
pbs_mom dead but subsys locked

[root at quad2 ~]# /etc/init.d/pbs_mom start
Starting TORQUE Mom: pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::Permission denied (13) in
chk_file_sec, Security violation with "/var" - /var is world writable and
not sticky
pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::Permission denied (13) in chk_file_sec, Security
violation with "/var" - /var is world writable and not sticky
pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::Permission denied (13) in chk_file_sec, Security
violation with "/var" - /var is world writable and not sticky
                                                           [FAILED]

which are the permissions for : /var

--
Abraham Zamudio Ch.