[torqueusers] Problem with ppn and routing

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Mon Nov 29 22:12:41 MST 2010

-snip-
> set queue fast resources_max.nodes = 2:ppn=2
-snip-
> set queue batch resources_max.nodes = 1:ppn=1

My understanding is that torque can/will only do useful comparisons on numeric fields so the above settings are not meaningful.  You might be OK with resources_max.nodect (though that might not be numeric either) but could only filter on the number of nodes not the number of processes requested (and you would need a default nodes=1 which I would prefer not to set so we can use procs as an option...).  I don't think this solves your problem but might point you (or others) in the right direction.

-- Gareth