[torqueusers] Understanding consumable static resource

Lessler, Justin T. jlessler at jhsph.edu
Wed Nov 3 10:15:36 MDT 2010

I am trying to configure a consumable static resource on a node. I am unsure if I am misunderstanding how these are supposed to work, or if I am doing something wrong. Also, it is unclear to me how to debug this. My understanding is that if  /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config looks like this:
pbs_server = xxx.x.x.x
matlab  1

And I send multiple requests like this:
qsub -l other=matlab myscript.sh

Then only one instance of myscript.sh should run at a time, and the subsequent jobs should be queued until that job finishes.

I am running a simple TORQUE configuration with a single queue on a single node.

If anyone could give me a shove in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
-Justin