[torqueusers] RPMs for current version of Torque

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:32:17 MDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Davis, Spencer <psdavis at bsu.edu> wrote:
> There is an option in the makefile to build rpms. Run the config script then make rpm I believe.
>
> P Spencer Davis
> Bewulf Cluster Systems Administrator

The current .spec file generated with the "./configure" options is
neither safe nor usable. It overrides, without announcement or any way
to reset with RPM settings, the RPM environment's settings for CFLAGS,
bindir, sbindir, and other system settings. You have to manually
override it in the ./configure crafted version of the ./configure line
in the '%setup' setup. It also seriously mishandels 'drmaa'
components, generating RPM's that don't actually have files in them if
the drmaa construction is disabled.

This is... so far out there there it's not even wrong.

I'll post my latest 2.4.11 .spec file, based on the EPEL SRPM's, tomorrow.