[torqueusers] Curious question

Charles Johnson charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Mar 30 07:55:32 MDT 2010

About the nodes file ... I have always been under the impression that
the nodes file gives an ordering to nodes selected for jobs, i.e.,
nodes at the top of the list are considered before nodes at the
bottom. We are currently in a down time for refreshing hardware, and
the whole cluster is quiescent. As a test of hardware we submitted a
single job suitable for any one of several hundred nodes at the top of
the nodes file. The job ran on a node roughly halfway down the nodes
file. Again, there were no other jobs on the cluster.

I am curious as to why? Any ideas?

We are using torque 2.4.5 and moab 5.3.6

~Charles~
--
Charles Johnson
Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu