[torqueusers] Torque email notifications?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Mar 30 03:29:53 MDT 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 04:01:47 am Peter Smith wrote:

> I am trying to get mail notifications to work in Torque. I can see
> that Torque expects that sendmail is located on the master node, but
> we have Postfix running on another server so i am not interested in
> configuring a standalone mail server on the master node. Is there
> anyway to solve this issue, so only some kind of mail client needs to
> be installed on master?

Configure the system to be a satellite system of your Postfix MTA.

You can do that either through something simple like ssmtp [1] or nbsmtp [3]
or if you want to be able to cope with queuing messages should your MTA be
unreachable then you could install Postfix or Exim as a simple client.

ssmtp is packaged for both Debian & Ubuntu, nbsmtp is packaged for Ubuntu.

[1] - no idea where upstream is for it!  Debian has tarball and patches [2].
[2] - http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/ssmtp.html
[3] - http://nbsmtp.ferdyx.org/

cheers,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP