[torqueusers] Multiple hostgroups in one queue

Preuss, Carsten C.Preuss at gsi.de
Mon Mar 29 03:06:08 MDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a small Torque cluster for testings and it seems that I'm not able to have several hostgroups in one queue.

I've tried several methods to add a second hostgroup to my queue, but all have failed :

set queue batch resources_default.neednodes=batch_gsi1
set queue batch resources_default.neednodes+="batch_gsi2"    //add resources

qstat -fQ batch
Queue: batch
    resources_default.neednodes = batch_gsi1batch_gsi2

OK, there are no hosts with this flag....

But, more confusing, doing :

set queue batch resources_default.neednodes=batch_gsi1
set queue batch resources_default.neednodes+="+batch_gsi2"    //add resources

qstat -fQ batch
Queue: batch
    resources_default.neednodes = batch_gsi1+batch_gsi2

This  setup leads to the circumstances that a job is executed on both hostgroups parallel!!!!!

I'm wondering if anyone has ever set up a queue with multiple hostgroups and can help me out.....(or if this is not possible anyway?)

Best regards,

Carsten

Carsten Preuss IT / Scientific Computing
phone: +49-6159-71-1339
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstr. 1,
D-64291 Darmstadt, Germany

If debugging is defined by removing bugs, then programming should be defined by implementing them.