[torqueusers] Fwd: ncpus anyone?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat Mar 20 06:43:39 MDT 2010

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:24:05 pm Garrick wrote:

> I recently learned that irqbalance is another program that learns core
> architecture. Maybe some code we can lift.

I suspect that doesn't go into the same level of details as hwloc (which has
to learn about the various amounts and levels of cache and how they are
shared, etc).

Also hwloc has the advantage of intending to be cross-platform, the 1.0
release (in development) looks like it will include support for FreeBSD, HP-
UX, AIX, OSX (Darwin), etc..

cheers!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP