[torqueusers] Error compiling torque 2.3.10 on Solaris 10

Jonathan Whitehead j_m_whitehead at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 16:49:15 MDT 2010

Hi,

I managed to figure the same thing out using 'man hstrerror' which showed that I needed to link with -lresolv, as well as -lsocket and -lnsl.

I looked at the configure script and found a case statement which was concerned with adding the -lresolv to the LIBS variable, which starts thus :

case $PBS_MACH in
sunos4|solaris5|netbsd|freebsd|freebsd5)
echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for htons in -lresolv" >&5

The first thing I notice was that on my machine the $PBS_MACH  variable is set to solaris7 so this statement is never executed during the configuration run.

I added solaris7 to the case list but then I got an error that the symbol htons isn't found in the library resolv which seems correct for my machine as the man entry for htons states that you only need to link with socket and nsl libraries for this function, a change between solaris versions perhaps? Anyhow I essentially removed all this code from the case statement and just made it add -lresolv to the LIBS variable regardless which has solved my compliation issue.

I guess this is something that needs sorting properly in the configure script.

Cheers,

Jonathan