[torqueusers] Fwd: ncpus anyone?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sat Mar 13 00:22:35 MST 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 06:12:14 am David Beer wrote:

> Another enhancement that we're considering is locking memory close to the
> CPUs (where relevant). I know that on some systems (NUMA, for example)
> this is necessary in order to run jobs efficiently.

Very much agree - can I suggest that you look at the hwloc library being
developed by the Open-MPI developers to provide a way of learning the
architecture of systems as part of this ?

Also you may well want to look at supporting control groups (cgroups) in
addition to cpusets as that provides some really handy extra features like
being able to limit the memory usage of a cgroup, good resource usage
measurement, etc.

cheers,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP