[torqueusers] max_user_ncpus? max_user_cput?

Jeff Anderson-Lee jonah at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 12 15:20:45 MST 2010

I'd like to be able to specify that any given user may not use more than
some number of processors at once nor run jobs with total allocation of
more than some amount of cputime to prevent a single user from hogging
the whole cluster or from occupying resources for extended periods
without fair sharing.

Are there any queue configuration parameters to do this?  I can limit
the number of jobs, but I don't mind if someone runs 50 one core jobs at
the same time, just not 50 eight core jobs!  Likewise, one job running
for 30 days of cpu is fine, but not 20 at once!

max_user_run controls the number of simultaneous jobs, but what about
managing simultaneous cpu allocations or limits on concurrently
scheduled cpu time?

Jeff Anderson-Lee