[torqueusers] Change in interactive job behavior from previous torque versions.

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Fri Mar 5 12:54:39 MST 2010

Torque used to allow mixing PBS file directvies with interactive flag
that is I could have a file with:

#PBS -S /bin/sh
#PBS -N xflow_kfid
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=8,walltime=24:00:00
#PBS -q cac

And run

qsub -I  pbsfile

And it would be the same as if I typed them out,  now on 2.4.3,  you
get this:

[brockp at nyx-login-intel2 ~]$ qsub -I pbsi.sh
qsub: waiting for job 3197039.nyx.engin.umich.edu to start
qsub: job 3197039.nyx.engin.umich.edu ready

-bash: pbsi.sh: command not found

qsub: job 3197039.nyx.engin.umich.edu completed

Not mixing a file for directives works just fine, it is only when you
have a PBS file with interactive that it does this.
Is this expected for now, or is the old behavior still to be in place?

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu