[torqueusers] Change in interactive job behavior from previous torque versions.

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Fri Mar 5 12:54:39 MST 2010

Torque used to allow mixing PBS file directvies with interactive flag
that is I could have a file with:

#PBS -S /bin/sh
#PBS -N xflow_kfid
#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=8,walltime=24:00:00
#PBS -q cac
#PBS -V

And run

qsub -I  pbsfile

And it would be the same as if I typed them out,  now on 2.4.3,  you
get this:

[brockp at nyx-login-intel2 ~]$ qsub -I pbsi.sh
qsub: waiting for job 3197039.nyx.engin.umich.edu to start
qsub: job 3197039.nyx.engin.umich.edu ready

-bash: pbsi.sh: command not found

qsub: job 3197039.nyx.engin.umich.edu completed

Not mixing a file for directives works just fine, it is only when you
have a PBS file with interactive that it does this.
Is this expected for now, or is the old behavior still to be in place?

Thanks

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing