[torqueusers] Fwd: ncpus anyone?

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Mar 2 10:53:23 MST 2010

Just to let everyone know, the qstat -a output has been changed to read both the value stored in nodes and ncpus, using nodes when both are specified.

> Changing the code so that qstat -a displays correctly the number of
> tasks with -lnodes=1:ppn=32 would be great. Then, you could also make
>
> sure that -lncpus=32 is a complete synonymous of -lnodes=1:ppn=32.

Is this the behavior that everyone expects/hopes for? If so, we can look at working on it. At the same time, TORQUE 3.0 is likely to include much superior specification for how we are requesting resources, which may end up including ncpus and may not. We're looking to remove a lot of ambiguity and enhance capability. By the way. we're still open to input as to how all that will work, but maybe we'll send out some ideas shortly if nobody has any input yet.

Cheers,

David

--
David Beer | Senior Software Engineer