[torqueusers] Getting DISPLAY env variable from a job

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Tue Mar 2 09:26:02 MST 2010

Hi,

I am running Torque 2.3.6. Is there a way to get a job's DISPLAY env.
variable (in case they do qsub -I -X, that is) in either prolog or
somewhere in the MOM node? I am getting ready to write some scripts
that would warn a user about their interactive job (graphical or text-
based) reaching the time limit.

In a text-based interactive job, I think I will able to do a "wall" to
the user's tty, but not sure how to display a pop-up window in a
graphical application in the correct display.

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards,
Prakash