[torqueusers] installing torque-2.3.5 on mac snowleopard

Yasaman Ghadarghadr yasaman_ghadargh at wsu.edu
Tue Jun 29 15:57:34 MDT 2010

Thanks Josh - I tried removing "-pedantic" from the Makefile after running configure, but i got the same error. Your message did prompt me, however, to take a closer look at what the configure script was grabbing, and I notice that it is recognizing the wrong system architecture (I think).

Configure returns:

checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin10.4.0
checking host system type... i686-apple-darwin10.4.0

while, my gcc that i am running is:

Target: x86_64-apple-darwin10

I do in fact want this to run as x86_64, so are there environmental variables i can set to get configure to recognize this correctly? I am pretty new to mac's, but it seems that this may be part of the problem.

Best;
Yasi