[torqueusers] Torque arrived in Debian Squeeze and Ubuntu Maverick

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Tue Jun 29 11:35:46 MDT 2010

Garrick Staples wrote:
> Does anyone else have a comment on these two patches?
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-escience/torque/trunk/debian/patches/spec_fhs_paths.patch

Garrick, I think we actually should leave this patch out. If people are
going to be getting TORQUE with a distro now, then distro supplied files
are stuck into /usr/*. This makes sense for the distro packagers IMHO.

However, people downloading and building the source probably should
default to /usr/local so as not to step on distro provided packages.

-Joshua Bernstein
Penguin Computing