[torqueusers] [torquedev] Moving job script file form head to computing node

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Sat Jun 26 03:23:04 MDT 2010

> When we submit the job from cluster head to computing node it will
> create the job file *"job_id.hostname.SC <http://job_id.hostname.SC>"
>  which contains the job script in the *
> *
> *
> *"/var/spool/torque/server_priv/jobs/"
> and **"/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/"  respective path. which is the
> function in src, exactly going to be send the above created script file
>  to computing node(MOM) from (pbs_server).*
>
> **Ex: there are two different systems Node00 and Node01
> *Node00 : cluster head*
> *Node01: Computing node*
>
> I will submit the job from *Node00* (* grid at Node00~# echo "sleep
> 20;date" | qsub*).
>
> After this it will show that* 8.Node00* ( job file which is going to
> send to *MOM* for execution). After this there is a file created in the
> path *"/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/8.Node00.SC <http://8.Node00.SC>*
> in the *Node01 (MOM)*. So from which source file it will transfer or
> from which function it is going to be send to MOM.

This specific code path is very well documented. Just look into
req_runjob.c and follow the req_runjob code path.

/var/spool/torque/server_priv/jobs/jobfile and
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/jobfile are two different files. Both
node and server maintain their own versions of the job and the files are
just backups that are created when you call job_save(...,SAVEJOB_FULL).

--
Mgr. Šimon Tóth